Guidelines for Application
- Researchers affiliated with universities, research institutions and/or small biotech in Europe and the United States of America.
- Europe: EU plus Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Israel
- The United States of America: 50 states and Washington D.C.
- TaNeDS Global is not open to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Matching needs (Our Research Interests)
- Originality and uniqueness of research
- Possibility for drug generation program
- Feasibility of research plan
- Non-redundancy with Daiichi Sankyo's internal research projects and current collaboration
- Type A: € (Europe) / $ (US) 50,000 – 75,000 per year, plus overhead
- Type B: € (Europe) / $ (US) 100,000 – 150,000 per year, plus overhead
If your project is in target discovery stage or early stage of target/technology validation, applying to Type A is suitable. If your project is in more advanced stage, it fits into Type B.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Start Date for Submission of Applications: January 9, 2019, 7:00 UTC
- Submission Deadline: February 15, 2019
- Notification of Preliminary Decisions: Mid-March, 2019
- Inquiry for Confidential Information under CDA: Late-March to April, 2019
- On-site Visit Interview: Mid-May, 2019
- Notification of Final Decisions: Mid-June, 2019
- Contract Negotiation: Mid-June to July, 2019
- Start of TaNeDS Research Program: August/September, 2019
Basic Policy of TaNeDS Contract
- Intellectual Property (IP)
Ownership of IPs generated in TaNeDS collaboration research will be determined according to the inventorship. Daiichi Sankyo would like to have exclusive negotiation right to obtain an exclusive or non-exclusive license for IPs generated in TaNeDS collaboration research.
The results of TaNeDS collaboration research shall not be published without Daiichi Sankyo’s prior written consent according to the agreement executed between your institution and Daiichi Sankyo. Daiichi Sankyo may ask you to consider appropriate timing or amendments of the publication.
- Information and documents will be reviewed by selected members of Daiichi Sankyo.
- Your application information will only be used for our selection process of our open innovation activity.
- Initial submission materials should contain only non-confidential information.
- If you are already involved with or become involved with a competing public research or collaborative research company, Daiichi Sankyo reserves the right to refuse your application.
About the TaNeDS Logo
A symbol of "hope to grow by partnership." Two people facing each other, holding hands expresses the intention of collaboration, to foster the seeds of hope together.