Social Contribution Activities
We will not only contribute to society through our business but also voluntarily seek to help resolve the various issues that we recognize as being faced in ensuring the sound development of society.
The Daiichi Sankyo Group has established the Basic Policies on Group Social Contribution Activities, which guide various initiatives for contributing to other organizations and society as a whole. These initiatives aid in the advancement of medicine and pharmacology. We consider our activities to promote social contributions as our responsibility to society as well as for the support it provides to our business. We continue to identify the areas on which we should focus from among relevant social issues and challenges. To advance initiatives, we emphasize collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders, such as NPOs, NGOs, local volunteer groups, government organizations, and public sector institutions.
Furthermore, we view employees’ participation in volunteer activities as a chance for them to step away from their day-to-day work and experience a completely new perspective, with the goal of supporting a concern for society. We believe that this broadening of one’s horizons helps link the healthy development of society with the sound development of the Company. We therefore are working to foster an environment and provide opportunities that support employees’ participation in volunteer activities.
Basic Group Social Contribution Policy
- We will help create a sustainable society engaging in activities to contribute to society.
- We will particularly prioritize progress in medicine and pharmacology, social welfare, and environmental conservation. We will assist with disaster restoration, youth education, and promote culture and arts.
- We will foster healthy social development by participating in and supporting voluntary activities.
- We will engage with and prosper with communities.
Directives for Initiatives
- Advance activities based on global and regional needs
- Provide support for post-Great East Japan Earthquake reconstruction
The Daiichi Sankyo Group’s Social Contribution Activities can be viewed through the following links.